Hi there!

Thanks for looking at our Children's Zone page for children and young people.

This page is for you whatever your age and we have included it on our website just incase you need some information.

We know that children and young people of all ages and in all families sometimes need to talk about their feelings and experiences, or get advice or help.

You are possibly looking at this page if you live in a family that fosters, are living in a children's home or just need to understand more about issues that are affecting your life.

Where ever you live should be a safe and happy place for you, if you are worried about it or about anyone else then you don't have to worry on your own.

If you need help or advice or have a worry then we hope you can talk to the adults you live with or to your Social Worker or to someone on one of the many help and support service that exist for you. You could even talk to another adult that you can trust.

If they don't quite know the answer, then they can help you find someone who does.

There are helpful organisations for young people to contact for advice or help on many issues. The important thing is to make sure you do talk to someone.

Do you know you can complain if you are very unhappy about something?

If you need to complain about Cornerways Fostering Service or about your foster placement then you can ask someone to help you like:

  • Your Social Worker,
  • A Teacher, 
  • A Foster Carer,
  • You can complain directly to Cornerways by telling the Fostering Social Worker who visits your carers, or
  • You can call:
    • Fiona or Amanda who are the Fostering Managers at the Cornerways office on: 01293 826830
    • Sara the Service Manager for the Residential Homes at the Cornerways offices on: 01293 826840
    • Jayne who is the Head at Cornfield School on: 01737 779578


Do you know that Ofsted inspects Cornerways Fostering Services as well as other services for children and young people like schools and children's homes and nursery schools?

You can also make a complaint to Ofsted if you need to by telephoning 0300 123 3155 or by e-mail: enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk  or even by letter in the post to:

Piccadilly Gate

Store Street
M1 2WD

Here are a few links to some organisations for children that you may have heard of, click on the logo to follow the link or phone on the number provided:


Childline is a free helpline for children and young people to call and talk about any problem including bullying and problems at home

Tel: 0800 1111

Kidscape Logo Kidscape gives advice to children and to grown ups about Bullying

NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) provides a helpline and advice online.

Tel: 0808 800 5000

ANV Logo A National Voice is run by and for young people in care of who have been in care. Their main aim is to create positive change to the care system. Young people can join in and take part.
Voice - Getting Young Voices Heard

VCC (Voice of the Child in Care) If you are unhappy about decisions made about your care, you could contact VCC and speak to an advocate. An advocate is a person who speaks up for another person.

Tel: 0808 800 5792

childrens commissoner The Childrens commissioner is responsible for promoting the rights and wellbeing of all children and young people in the UK especially our most vulnerable children.
If you have ideas about how to improve your or other children's lives go to; www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk

Tel: 020 7783 8330
Talk to Frank Talk to Frank is a 24hr helpline for drug and substance misuse. 

Tel: 0800 776 600


Project Spear


Project Spear provides information and support for people who self harm.  A self help guide can be downloaded here.
Catch 22

Catch 22 works with young people and their families to give them 'whole family' support when they are struggling to cope, to help resolve the linked and complex issues they are facing.


Tel: 0207 336 4800

ceop-logo The Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre is dedicated to eradicating the sexual abuse of children. That means we are part of UK policing and very much about tracking and bringing offenders to account either directly or in partnership with local and international forces.

Tel: 0870 000 3344

Email: enquiries@ceop.gsi.gov.uk 
quitbecause Quit Because is QUIT's youth service, which helps young people make informed choices about tobacco use and provides practical, tailored support and advice to those who want to stop smoking.

NYAS is a UK charity offering information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children, young people and vulnerable adults throughout England and Wales.

Freephone: 0808 808 1001

Email: help@nyas.net

Chat Room: Visit www.nyas.net 

brook logo

Brook, the charity providing free and confidential sexual health advice for young people, have an array of sex education resources, training manuals, leaflets and brochures Looks like it picks up the links relating to kids stuff from the links category I guess.

We also like to hear about GOOD IDEAS that you may have to make improvements to Cornerways Fostering Services, so let us know if you think of something! And don't forget to read our young peoples newsletter when we send it to you!